[Spambayes] Error in classifier.py?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 10 14:51:33 EDT 2003

    Martin> I finally thought I had Spambayes' pop3proxy working when
    Martin> Istarted getting the following error ...

    Martin> File"C:\PROGRA~1\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py", line310, in probability
    Martin>     assert spamcount <= nspam
    Martin> AssertionError

This is a sure sign of a corrupted database file.  If you execute this
Python code:

    import whichdb
    whichdb.whichdb(r"c:\path\to\your\database\file")

what does it report?  I suggest you rename it (in case someone wants to look
at it) and restart your training.  Since you're using pop3proxy I suggest
you use the pickle format.  To do this, add these lines to your ini file:

    [Storage]
    persistent_use_database: False

Make sure you move your corrupt database out of the way first.

Skip