[Spambayes] 1.06a won't start (Win32)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Sep 20 23:57:30 EDT 2003

> I have a working 1.05a-as-service installation. I stopped the service
> and copied the 1.06a files over. Attempting to start the
> service again failed. Attempting to run the
windows/pop3proxy_service.py
> resulted in a complaint about not finding sb_server.

I'd suggest that you remove the 1.0a5 service
(windows/pop3proxy_service.py -remove), and then install the 1.0a6 one
(windows/pop3proxy_service.py -install).

> Attempting to run pop3proxy.py first resulted in a complaint that the
> option 'no_cache_bulk_ham:True' was not recognized; and after
> removing that option, resulted in a traceback:

'pop3proxy.py' doesn't exist in 1.0a6...this could be part of your
problem :)  It's guaranteed not to work, anyway.  You did read the
release notes/what's new file, didn't you?  <wink>.