[Spambayes] (no subject)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Sep 21 18:12:45 EDT 2003

> hey - could you guys please think about enhancing spambayes
> so that non-technical types can use it?  i.e. full
> self-installation, faq's written in non-techno-speak, etc.
> broaden your audience! thanks.

Have you tried the 008.1 version of the Outlook plug-in?  It seems to
have all of this to me.  The upcoming binary release of sb_server (i.e.
the POP3 proxy) will be reaching towards that level, too, although it
(probably) won't have the same level of ease-of-installation
immediately.

If there's any FAQ that isn't clear, please let us know (with details!)
so that we can fix it.

It's important to remember that spambayes is an open-source project run
by volunteers in their spare time, and that it's only in alpha (i.e.
very pre-release).  Any contributions (even of ideas, but specifics,
please!) are very welcome.  A goal is definitely to make it easier to
use spambayes, and if you compare (for example) the 1.0a1 release to the
1.0a6 (or the first Outlook plugin to the latest one), I think you'll
find that things are definitely moving in that direction.