[Spambayes] Have Junk E-Mail folder deleted?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 8 23:06:23 EDT 2004

> I do not find in the Outlook 2003 "Filtering" control panel
> the way to have genuine Junk messages "deleted" or "moved to the Trash
> folder", as this folder does not show up in the folders list
> where to move messages into.

This is deliberate.  See FAQ 3.11:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#why-can-t-i-set-spam-to-be-moved-to-the-delet
ed-items-folder>

> I'd like to see a way to do this which will, together with
> Outlook's ability to empty the trash when leaving, get rid of
> that noise. As of today, I understand that I have to delete my
> spam manually, which is not really convenient.

You can use Outlook's AutoArchive facility (archiving can be set to
"deleting") to do this.  See FAQ 3.9:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-can-i-configure-spambayes-to-delete-spam-
rather-than-moving-it>

=Tony Meyer