[Spambayes] Cannot teach Spambayes, DB _RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,run database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery'

Robert Burton bob at audiorents.com
Sat Jul 3 23:53:03 CEST 2004

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I re-read the FAQ's right after I posted
my message and saw that the subject had already been covered.  Now I feel
like a fool for bothering you about something you already covered.

We use Spambayes in a small office.  There are about 15 incoming email
Accounts.  5 of them are "inactive" in that the people have left.

I set up a rule in Outlook to automatically forward any mail received by
these accounts back to the Spambayes server to be trained as spam.

Sort of an "auto-teach" function, as all the email to these accounts was
spam anyway, why not have them do something useful.

It was a short time after that that the problem occurred.

I had tried this on an earlier version of Spambayes, and it caused
Spambayes to crash, so I thought I would try it on the new version
and I got the DB_REVOVERY error.

I wonder if the problems might be related?

I tried to change to a pickle on the earlier version, but kept getting
errors.  I don't really understand pickles.  I might try doing that again.

Robt.