[Spambayes] Spambayes on Outlook Express

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 8 23:23:07 EDT 2004

> I'm not sure I know how to do this.  When I turn on Norton to
> protect mail, it replaces my pop3 server (pop.west.cox.net)
> with its own (norton.pop3.antivirus).  If I keep SpamBayes
> proxying 110, and change the proxy port in OE to 8110, I
> don't see how things will work.  Am I missing something?
> This networking stuff is a little over my head.

You need to set spambayes to use "norton.pop3.antivirus" as the remote
server, and (because Norton is already using your local port 110) use 8110
as the port to proxy on.

What happens is that OE connects to SpamBayes on port 8110, which connects
to Norton on port 110, which connects to pop.west.cox.net on *its* port 110.

Is this any clearer?

=Tony Meyer

---