[Spambayes] re: SpamBayes is not available for all users on themachine.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 1 02:46:29 CEST 2004

> I want to change the registry to allow all users on
> this particular machine to have access to the program
> because all log-on individually to Windows.
>
> I found this info below on your help site, but how do I do it?

Exactly where did you find this?  I'm curious because it's the old version
of the instructions (and is incorrect), and both the troubleshooting guide
with 1.0 and the one linked from <http://spambayes.org/docs.html> have the
new instructions.  (So if there's another copy somewhere, we need to update
it!).

You need to:

 1.  Log in as someone that can modify the registry (e.g. Administrator).
 2.  Open a command window.  (e.g. Start->Run->cmd.exe)
 3.  Type:

"c:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin_register.exe"
hkey_local_machine

     (My mailer may wrap this - it should all be one line.  This also
assumes that you installed SpamBayes in C:\Program Files\SpamBayes, which is
the default.  If you put it somewhere else, then make the appropriate
modification.

And that should be it.  You can check by looking at the log, which will have
"Registration (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) complete." in it, which will not
appear when registering only for one user.

=Tony Meyer

---