[Spambayes] Outlook fails after installing SpamBayes

Garry Honey gh242 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 10:33:05 CEST 2005

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately, I'm still having the
same problem. I uninstalled version 1.1a1, and installed version 1.0.4. I
still have the same problem: when I try to retrieve mail, I get the error
"Unable to connect to the server 'localhost': Unable to connect to the
server. Would you like to connect using your modem?"

On this, and previous installations, I followed the instructions for the
installation of the plug-in, not the sb_server, and haven't made any
changes at all to my mail accounts in Outlook.

Outlook was working perfectly fine before installing and training the
plug-in, and then simply stop working immediatley after installing it with
the above error message. I've tried uninstalling the stable version, and I
still get the same error message.

Hoping you can help,

Regards,

Garry