[Spambayes] Question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 15 23:53:31 CET 2005

> My Spambayes no longer moves spam to the junk folder.
> The program is enabled and it correctly classifies spam
> (99% in most cases), but it does not move them to the
> junk folder. I have restarted and retrained it with no
> change in the situation. If I do it manually it goes into
> the correct folder, but will not do it automatically based
> on the calculation made.
[...]
> NOTE: Skipping folder for this session - temporarily unavailable
> NOTE: Skipping folder for this session - temporarily unavailable
> Eeek - only expecting one row from IPC.MS.REN.USERFIELDS
[...]
> Folder 'Robert Dykes, Dr./Junk suspects' has no field named 'Spam' -
creating
> Eeek - only expecting one row from IPC.MS.REN.USERFIELDS
[...]
> WARNING: We just created the user field in folder Robert Dykes,
> Dr./Junk suspects, but it appears to not exist.
> Something is probably wrong with DoesFolderHaveOutlookField()
> Skipping processing of missed messages in folder 'Boîte de
> réception', as it is not available
[...]

This is a case of:

[ 961019 ] Outlook2K3 spews warnings as it fails to create spam field
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=961019&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>

Unfortunately, although this bug has been open for some time, we still do
not know what causes it or how to solve it.  Do you know if anything with
your Exchange server changed recently?  Have you tried doing a "Detect and
Repair" on Outlook?

=Tony.Meyer