[Spambayes] ham, Re: Problem with Web Interface Advanced Configuration

vze5bgzj@verizon.net vze5bgzj at verizon.net
Sat Oct 1 12:31:16 CEST 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 22:45, you wrote:
> > I have just upgraded to Spambayes 1.1a1 POP3 Proxy.
>
> sb_server has serious flaws in 1.1a1 and should not be used.  You can
> use 1.0.4, or run from CVS.

OK, and thanks for that

> > Also, I have removed the new hammie.db, etc. from the the 1.1a1
> > files that I
> > extracted from the Gzipped TAR ball
>
> The archive should not have included any database files.  Are you
> positive that it did?

I saved the zipped TAR ball and just looked at it again.  I was wrong, there
is no hammie.db, though there is a hammie.py, etc.

> Where you get the archive from?

From the SPAMBayes site.

> > and replaced with the existing hammie.db
> > from the original installation and was disappointed to see that the
> > application does not realize that the database includes over 15K
> > trained
> > messages.  How do I pump the .db folders through the training
> > filters for the
> > new version to "bring it up to speed" right away?
>
> Installing a new version will not overwrite any training, so
> something else has gone wrong here.

The system seems to be working OK, though the UI still reads that only approx
130 emails have been classified.  This read figure is wrong since, as I
mentioned, the database contains far more records.  But I will install 1.0.4
as per your suggestion above.

> BTW, better results are
> generally found with smaller databases, rather than large ones.
> <http://entrian.com/sbwiki/TrainingIdeas> has more.

OK, I will check this TrainingIdeas URL out.

Thanks!

Mike