[Spambayes] date for new release to handle image spam?

Bill Y wsy at merl.com
Tue Dec 12 16:38:50 CET 2006

   From: skip at pobox.com

   I suppose I should answer this.  There were some people testing the OCR
   stuff on Windows.  I got a raft of bug reports about Unix-centric problems
   in the code.  Since I fixed them I've heard nothing.  I don't know if that's
   good or bad.  On the one hand it works well for me.  On the other hand I've
   had no real feedback on the effectiveness of the recent additions
   (especially the OCR stuff) from other people.

I'll add that you might want to consider expanding the feature set in
SpamBayes to do word pairs, triples, or even something like OSB features.

>From a very few number of data points, it seems that OSB statistical systems
have no trouble detecting and rejecting image spam without needing
OCR.  Maybe it's just luck.  Who knows?

	- Bill