[Spambayes] toolbar stopped working

Lee Carty leec at bazelon.org
Wed Feb 22 22:24:55 CET 2006

I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2003, and just downloaded the latest
version of SpamBayes (1.0.4) because I really like the program. But even
before I did, the "Delete as Spam" command simply stopped working one
day. I went through all the troubleshooting ideas and can't find
anything to do about it. Attached is the latest log file, which seems
full of surprised comments.

I have moved a lot of spam manually to the "Junk Mail" folder, but I
don't believe that trains SpamBayes about these emails. In fact, I've
been wondering about its learning ability for a while because I continue
to get messages with dozens of ???? in the subject line (and by now it
ought to have filtered those out).

I hope you can help, because I rely on SpamBayes, as do others in this
office. Note that it is automatically filtering much email from my main
inbox into "suspects" -just won't let me give it orders.

Lee Carty
Publications Director
Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1212