[Spambayes] good karma or not?

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Tue Nov 7 20:40:20 CET 2006

Thanks for helping out! It frees up the developers to focus on
development (or the rest of their lives), lets them know you appreciate
their good work, spreads the load, and fills in the gaps when other
users on the list (like me) aren't available for some reason.

If you use your e-mail client's "Reply to all," everyone on the list
should see the response. The mailing list software is smart enough that
it only sends the message once to the person you're replying to. For
instance, your address appears in my address list along with
spambayes at python.org, but you should only receive one copy of this
message.

-jesse-

________________________________

From: spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org
[mailto:spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Bishop
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:00 PM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] good karma or not?

I would like to get some good karma.

I am fairly new to SpamBayes, but as CTO of my company, I had designed
an approach to spam, and asked my field support manager to start
implementing it, when he told me he was already using SpamBayes with
great success.  Your approach was very similar to the approach I had
designed, and so I investigated your software over the course of a
couple of days, and I love it!  I am now recommending SpamBayes as our
corporate answer to spam, and providing some guidance within the company
to employees who want to use it.

I have also started tentatively answering some of the questions on this
list, but I notice that the emails go directly to the person asking the
question.  Does anyone know how many answers each question gets, and how
good they all are?  Should I keep doing this, or are others giving much
better advice?

Peter Bishop
Aeroprise, Inc.
Take advantage of the Aeroprise Enterprise Discovery and Personalization
System for both Smart Clients and standard browsers available only with
the Aeroprise Mobile Gateway.