[Speed] Update Django from 1.11 to 2.0? What about Python 2.7 and PyPy2?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Jan 9 12:01:19 EST 2018

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 17:57:13 +0100
Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I would prefer to not have to install Django 1.11 *and* Django 2.0 in
> the same virtual environment (I'm not sure that it's technically
> possible). It means that the Django 1.11 benchmark would be specific
> to Python 2, whereas the Django 2.0 benchmark would be specific to
> Python 3.

I see, it's limitation due to how the benchmarking script works.  Then
I guess it's up to you :-)

I admit, I find the whole virtual environment thing annoying.  If I
even want to run *one* benchmark, it starts downloading and
installing *every* potentially useful third-party library.

Regards

Antoine.