[Speed] Update Django from 1.11 to 2.0? What about Python 2.7 and PyPy2?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 12:11:28 EST 2018

> I admit, I find the whole virtual environment thing annoying.  If I
> even want to run *one* benchmark, it starts downloading and
> installing *every* potentially useful third-party library.

If Django is installed in your PYTHONPATH, you can run directly the benchmark:

cd performance/benchmarks
python3 bm_django_template.py

The pyperformance script / python3 -m performance is an helper to
store all results in a single file and to install dependencies in a
virtual environment.

Note: you can run multiple benchmarks and write all results into a
single JSON file using --append option instead of -o / --output.

Victor