[stdlib-sig] proposed removal: the types module

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 16:14:40 CEST 2008

2008/4/3, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org>:

> > ModuleType -> imp.module
>  > exception related types -> traceback module
>  > Function, method and code types -> sys module
>  > remaining stuff -> inspect
>
>  Actually, inspect.types might be a good place to put them all.

-0 to have all types distributed in every module.

If you need those types to be there, the "type" module could be a
proxy to those, just to not repeat code.

But having them all in a single module is something explorable and
easy to document.

However, we could distribute them in a thousand modules, but we could
put in the Library Reference, in builtin types, the list of all, how
to use them, and from where import them...

Regards,

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/