[stdlib-sig] Choosing a name for simplejson

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Apr 10 23:03:25 CEST 2008

So simplejson is going to be added to the stdlib (this came down from
up high, which is why there has not been more of a discussion here).
That means we need to choose a name. Obviously 'json' would work, but
I am not sure if there is something better. Remember, we want simple
so that if someone goes, "I wonder if Python has a JSON module", they
can easily find it (which means no crazy package names).

We might also act as quality control on the source code to make sure
it is up to snuff based on PEP 8.

-Brett