[stdlib-sig] logging

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 19:20:49 CEST 2009

Jesse Noller <jnoller at ...> writes:

> In all seriousness, why not do something like what we started with the
> threading module? We added pep8 aliases and started marking the old
> API deprecated. They'll follow the common deprecation guidelines we
> already have.
>
> That, plus the dict config option you mentioned plus a doc re-org
> would probably go a long way to improving the PR of the module.

It's just a question of priorities and timing. Clearly, the dict config
option, other functional enhancements and documentation reorganisation
should take priority.

I'm waiting for a little while to see what feedback comes in from python-dev
about the dict config functionality. I've been in touch with Doug Hellmann on
the documentation reorganisation and am waiting for some feedback from him, and
I've started to put together some diagrams which will hopefully help clarify
some aspects of the documentation.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip