[stdlib-sig] Breaking out the stdlib

Frank Wierzbicki fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 23:32:43 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> This actually doesn't really require a discussion until someone
> volunteers to spearhead it because it will happen, it's just a
> question of who will lead it and whether they will wait for the
> Mercurial transition.
Since I represent one of the other python implementations that need
help, I'd volunteer to spearhead the effort to break up the repo.  I
probably would prefer to wait until the mercurial transition has
happened to help with implementation, but that wouldn't stop me from
having the discussion and starting a PEP since we'll need to work out
which modules are which.

-Frank