[stdlib-sig] Breaking out the stdlib

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 15 15:06:36 CEST 2009

Le mardi 15 septembre 2009 à 08:52 -0400, Jesse Noller a écrit :

> How do you define "many people"? What if it's used by MEGACORP
> extensively, but by barely any modules on the cheeseshop?

Of course it's a matter of perception. But if you want some numerically
measurable input for everything, this discussion won't progress by a
single bit. And I don't think your criteria will hold either, because
things like "better", "up-to-date", "more idiomatic", etc., are wildly
subjective and non-measurable as well.

(besides, we can still conduct a survey on python-list beforehand, and
see how many people mind)