[stdlib-sig] MISC/maintainers.txt anyone?

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Sep 16 10:04:00 CEST 2009

Jesse Noller schrieb:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
>> 2009/9/15 Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com>:
>>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
>>> Hmm, tables in a text file? I can see it, it's just always wacky.
>>
>> emacs table mode!
>
> while emacs might be the One True Editor, some of us are Unwashed
> Heathens who don't use it. So saying "emacs table mode" reads as "as
> useful as a beef jerky bikini" ;)

Think of it that way: Emacs is the bacon of editors.

>> Why? It's not meant to be all official-like, just to help people
>> triaging bugs or having questions about the code. I don't see how it
>> would benefit the person trying to find out how to use module X in the
>> official docs.
>>

> Having a table in the official docs at least gives people an idea who
> to +noisy on bugs. How many multiprocessing bugs have you had to
> reassign, or even *add* me to because people outside of our group
> don't know?

Hey, I got another idea! What about we simply add a second set of docs, for
developers?

We have lots of information scattered throughout the website, the source
and the heads of important people (the most volatile sort), that, put
together, should make a nice set of docs that could be collected (and made
a sphinx tree).

Georg