[stdlib-sig] MISC/maintainers.txt anyone?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Sep 16 10:20:54 CEST 2009

Georg Brandl wrote:
>> Having a table in the official docs at least gives people an idea who
>> to +noisy on bugs. How many multiprocessing bugs have you had to
>> reassign, or even *add* me to because people outside of our group
>> don't know?

As general note: I have the impression that the noisy list feature
of the bug tracker is not exactly ideal to get attention for certain
bugs from the right people.

Perhaps it's better to just ask the various developers to setup
email filters for this purpose; or maybe in addition to using the
noisy lists.

I've done that and while it's not perfect, it works a lot better than
relying on someone putting me on e.g. the platform.py-related ticket
noisy list.

> Hey, I got another idea! What about we simply add a second set of docs, for
> developers?
>
> We have lots of information scattered throughout the website, the source
> and the heads of important people (the most volatile sort), that, put
> together, should make a nice set of docs that could be collected (and made
> a sphinx tree).

Wouldn't a developer wiki (readable for everyone, writable only
for developers) be a better and more direct way to handle this ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 16 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/