[stdlib-sig] urllib.parrrrse does not supporrrrt bytes

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Sep 20 13:49:25 CEST 2009

Le samedi 19 septembre 2009 à 22:59 +0200, Armin Ronacher a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Brett Cannon schrieb:
> > See, you are assuming any design went into other than to make the
> > thing pass the unit tests. Most modules did not go through some
> > rigorous design discussion to decide how to make it work with bytes.
> So I suppose there would be nothing wrong with providing a patch that
> makes it work with bytes internally?

Can you please precise what you are trying to do?

If you just want to replace the implementation without changing the API
to support bytes, I'm not sure what the point is.

If you want the public API to support bytes, perhaps it would be worth
discussing it (on python-dev perhaps, since I'm not sure everyone
concerned is here)?
Although since HTTP is bytes at the protocol level anyway, it doesn't
seem very controversial to me...

Regards

Antoine.