[stdlib-sig] urllib.parrrrse does not supporrrrt bytes

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 21:20:44 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 08:48:04PM +0200, Armin Ronacher wrote:
> unused and undocumented interfaces:

Not really unused.

> - urllib.parse.unwrap     not sure what that is for, I guess testing

Head over to request.py and see how Request class unwraps the URL
presented in the format it handles.

This has been there since 2.x urlparse and this is parsing function
and not does belong to urllibx.py.

I am not sure, if people are not using this interface in any of their
codes, because this has been present in urlparse for a long time.

> - urllib.parse.to_bytes   also unused, I guess it was in use for an

Again used in request.py to validate that URL as str

> - urllib.parse.test and
>   urllib.parse.test_data  unused test suite that is also in the real
>                           test suite.  Can we delete it?

These are just hanging around with as No-Harm thing :) Can be removed.
As we have tests which cover them.  Its been there, because there is
'no-harm' in keeping them around.

--
Senthil
I believe a little incompatibility is the spice of life, particularly if he