[Texas] pyTexas still viable?

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Sat Oct 10 02:39:21 CEST 2009

pyTexas is only two about two weeks away and far only 10 people have
registered, and nobody has stepped up to help with promotion. Also, I
haven't heard anything about whether this event has been announced on the
Houston and Austin mailing lists.
We're not going to have a beginner tracker since none of the local Python
newbies have been informed about this learning opportunity.
Does it make sense to cancel and reschedule for sometime later? This event
does not seem to be coming together. Does anyone have hotel booking
commitments?

I think the organizers should have a conference call to discuss plans. How
about Saturday at noon? Email me with your availability and I can provide
conference call dial-in info.