[Texas] PyTexas 2010 Retrospective: Teach-In

Jason Galyon jtgalyon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 17:33:56 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 21:46 -0500, Brad Allen wrote:
> While the experience is fresh in everyone's minds, I'd like to hear
> feedback and ideas for future Python Teach-Ins. Also, what did you
> learn during the Teach-In, either as a tutor or a learner?

It was very tiring and rewarding.  I enjoyed helping others blossom into
pythonistas and zealots ;)

I made a point to NOT do the koans except for just spot checking that
they were working on my compy... that seemed to go well and helped me
understand their perspective better.

I was glad to see learners help others and it took on a life of its own.

Next time I want to burn CDs (and use usb keys) that have a full set of
'get started with python from scratch'.  For example, an editor like
Bluefish along with its requisite GTK libs package for windows... and
for ubuntu and maybe redhat as well.