[Texas] PyTexas 2010 Retrospective: Teach-In

cody at telnet.org cody at telnet.org
Mon Aug 30 19:01:35 CEST 2010

tutor perspective:

The teach-in appeared to work well enough.  People were trickling in over
the entire two hours, so some announcements on the half hour might have
lowered some of the confusion.

Overall, I couldn't tell how many people were really benefitting in large
room, but there were lots of tutors paired up with students.  The small
room (205?) seemed to have people making good progress with self paced
learning and occasional help from tutors.  It might help to subdivide by
experience levels or other relevant categories a little earlier next time.

As a tutor, I enjoyed the time a little more than expected.  It was also a
nice chance to meet some people before the keynote and regular sessions
started.

thanks,