[Tkinter-discuss] Re: TkTable problem

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Mon Dec 13 17:37:48 CET 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:33:50 -0000, Martin Franklin
<mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:19:28 -0700, Stewart Midwinter
> <stewart.midwinter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any success getting the sample table.py script, a demo for
>> TkTable, to run properly?  I am able to install TkTable, and run the
>> script, but as soon as I select, i.e. click on, a cell, the thing
>> throws an exception.  Apparently the selection process selects an
>> entire row instead of a cell, so a routine expecting a string,e.g.
>> '2,1' instead gets a tuple, e.g ('2,0', '2,1', '2,2).   I just can't
>> quite figure out where the error is occurring.
>>
>> As an alternative, does anyone have a small sample showing use of a
>> table widget, including editing cell contents and capturing the
>> changes?
>>
>> thanks,
>

> Stewart,
>
> Bit more information from you... platform, versions etc.
> I have used TkTable - I put it up in the Wiki.  but not 'in production'
> perhaps a small example + exception would also help.
>

> Cheers
> Martin

Scrath that I just ran the tktable.py file in the demos directory in the
'fresh'
Tktable 2.9 downloaded from SF and It crashes just like you say... however
when
I use a different TkTable.py wrapper (one I've had laying around for a
while)
it doesn't

I can no longer find the original of the wrapper I have (I googled for 20
minutes
at least!) but I could send you a copy for comparison with the 'standard'
if you wish.

Cheers,
Martin.