[Tkinter-discuss] Installing tkdnd

Sajjad Hussain shussai2 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 22:59:54 CEST 2005

I am trying to install tkdnd and its tkinter wrapper
available from these sites:

I have placed the TkinterDnD.py in the lib-Tk folder
of Python. I have also unzipped and placed the
tkdnd-1.0a2 (contains the demo, lib, doc folders)
folder in  Tcl\lib folder. There are two dlls
available. They are: libtkdnd.dll and libtkdnd10.dll.
I am not to sure where to place them.

Now when I type the following commands, I get the
error shown below:

>>> from Tkinter import *
>>> import TkinterDnD
>>> root = TkinterDnD.Tk()

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Python23\lib\TkinterDnD.py", line 104, in
    self.tk.eval('package require tkdnd')
TclError: can't find package tkdnd

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.