[Tkinter-discuss] Pmw problem in cygwin with Tkinter

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jan 14 09:52:01 CET 2006

mohammad, can you please use a quoting approach that makes it
explicit what message you're replying to (including who wrote it),
and works also if people read your messages as plain text.

as it is now, most of the messages from you looks like this example

    and we don't have time or resources to port the
    app to windows at this time.
        try to steer clear of Pmw and just use native Tkinter
    widgets.  No problem with any of them so far.

    i dont know why will you rewrite the Pmw part and
    not changing the console commands themselves. i
    rewrote the commands in the code snippet you sent
    before to use windows commands and it worked

which would be a bit more readable as, say

    Stewart Midwinter wrote:

    > ... and we don't have time or resources to port the
    > app to windows at this time.

    > for now I'll try to steer clear of Pmw and just use native
    > Tkinter widgets.  No problem with any of them so far.

    i dont know why will you rewrite the Pmw part and
    not changing the console commands themselves. i
    rewrote the commands in the code snippet you sent
    before to use windows commands and it worked

at least in the context of this mailing list (your poetry teacher may
prefer the former, though).

</F>