[TriPython] All Things Open Line-up

Sean Cavanaugh sean at cavanaugh.pro
Tue Sep 15 22:43:58 CEST 2015

I am speaking too :) (live in Chapel Hill). Cumulus Networks has around ~22
people here locally in Cary (3701 NW Cary Parkway).  I even recruited
someone from this mailer!

For you python lovers:

   - our ifupdown replacement for Linux is made entirely in python (we are
   a Debian based OS)
   - MLAG and VRR (our high availability Layer 2 play to compete against
   Cisco) entirely in python
   - Our cl-acltool (iptables->broadcom asic) is entirely in python
   - (this list keeps going on and on, we have a python problem)

Although my talk is not Python focused (its more zoomed out than that) so I
didn't bring it up on this mailer.  I will be talking about SDN (Software
Defined Networking) and utilizing 'off-the-shelf' DevOps tools like Ansible
to making programatic changes to Network Nodes in more network focused
application then they have been used in the past.  All open source focused
though!

http://allthingsopen.org/speakers/sean-cavanaugh/

-S