[TriPython] Hiring - Django Web Developer

Liza Chabot lchabot at caktusgroup.com
Thu May 5 11:18:36 EDT 2016

Django Web Developer
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Full-time

Caktus builds apps the right way. We’re a leading Django and SMS firm with
over 100 custom solutions that reach more than 70 million people. Join our
sharp team and be part of an open, collaborative culture. We’re passionate
about solving complex challenges especially when they have a social impact.
Our clients are of all sizes and industries, including Mozilla, InDemand,
Discovery, and UNICEF. Major projects include the world’s first SMS voter
registration system (Libya) and the first crowd-sourced digital moderator
for political debates (Open Debates).

 We are looking for a *Django Web Developer* who is excited to tackle new
and diverse projects and enjoys writing Python. As a member of the Caktus
team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of development, from
brainstorming, to prototyping, front-end HTML/CSS, Python/Django
development, and JavaScript development. We would like to develop a long
term relationship with someone seeking full time work. This position
requires on site work in our Durham, NC office.

*Within 30 days:*

   - Follow agile development methodologies and take part in bimonthly team
   sprints and daily standup meetings
   - Provide and incorporate constructive feedback on code reviews and use
   established Git/Mercurial branching models to stay in sync with the team
   - Deploy changes to development servers frequently so client
   stakeholders see progress and feel connected to the process
   - Create, implement and edit Django templates with compliant HTML5/CSS3
   and use LESS/SASS to organize and make CSS easier to manage
   - Model and implement intricate data structures using relational
   databases such as PostgreSQL

*Within 60 days:*

   - Write complex Django apps following client specifications and Caktus
   and community development best practices
   - Collaborate on 3-5 multiple ongoing projects and commit changes
   frequently to provide project leads and project managers with updates on
   progress
   - Maintain a high level of unit test coverage across assigned projects
   to catch and prevent feature regressions
   - Lead productive and collaborative implementation discussions with
   internal and client stakeholders
   - Distill and transpose high-level project requirements into user
   workflows and intuitive user interfaces
   - Stay on top of and incorporate latest technologies into Caktus’
   standard development stack

*Within 90 days:*

   - Fulfill project development lead responsibilities when designated as
   lead on projects
   - Help setup and run projects in production environments on Linux
   (Debian-flavor) with Nginx, Gunicorn, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis and other
   tools frequently deployed alongside Django web apps
   - Work with internal team and client stakeholders to scope and estimate
   development needs for new projects with potentially limited requirements
   - Use JavaScript to achieve desired user experience and functionality
   when needed
   - Help architect scalable solutions and performance-test applications to
   find and eliminate bottlenecks

*Qualifications*

   - At least 2 years of experience building dynamic web applications in
   any language
   - Has a strong grasp of Django development techniques
   - Strong test driven development skills and familiarity with other agile
   methodologies
   - A deep knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
   - Proficiency in HTML and CSS
   - Familiarity with Linux (Debian-flavor) desktop and server environments
   - Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written)
   skills
   - Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task
   and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
   - Enjoys a fast pace, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work
   environment

*Bonus Points For*

   - Familiarity with JavaScript front-end frameworks (Backbone.js,
   AngularJS, React)
   - Deployment experience using Apache, Ngninx + Gunicorn, or other
   WSGI-based web servers
   - Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS)

To apply, please submit an application via our website: (
https://www.caktusgroup.com/careers/#op-118183-django-web-developer)

--
*Liza Chabot*
Administrative and Marketing Assistant