[Tutor] Configure Problems

Snoopy :-)) genius@idirect.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:59:05 -0500

Thanks for the reply Patrick.  I think I am starting to get the picture.

Actually I have  purchased several books Re Linux., and also studying the
Tutorials, including the ones recommended on the Python Page.  I find
Linux absolutely fascinating.  But learning a New OS and  a Programming
language at the same time to say the least is Challenging.  I guess in
order to become a  GeNiUs :-)) one has to be ready  for a little
inconvenience, like  tolerating the changes of the internal and external
pressure in one's poor little head.

Actually something happened to me last night which indicates that purhaps
I should slow down my enthusiasm a bit.  I was  in the middle of dreaming
about Python and woke up finding myself in the bath room pissing in the
sink instead of the toilet bowl and saw a green snake coming out of the
drain hole.
So what's you opinion?  Do you think maybe there is a need  for some
"time-out".  Any way keep this info a secret since I don't want to be
Spammed.:-)

Just a couple more questions to claarify things.
1.    Am I correct in uderstanding, that your reference to the PATH
variables below  are to be included in my Home directory in the
"bash_profile file  ?(Iam using the bash shell)
For Example:
PATH=$PATH:/HOME/bin:.:/home/charly/Python
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:.:/home/charly/Mydir:/usr/lib/python

2.  Would both of the above PATH variables should be put in the
/etc/profile  as well?

Best regards
Charles