[Tutor] Configure Problems

Patrick Phalen python-list@teleo.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:17:01 -0800

[Snoopy :-)), on Wed, 15 Mar 2000]

:: Actually something happened to me last night which indicates that purhaps
:: I should slow down my enthusiasm a bit.  I was  in the middle of dreaming
:: about Python and woke up finding myself in the bath room pissing in the
:: sink instead of the toilet bowl and saw a green snake coming out of the
:: drain hole.
:: So what's you opinion?  Do you think maybe there is a need  for some
:: "time-out".  Any way keep this info a secret since I don't want to be
:: Spammed.:-)

No -- forge ahead. Sounds like you're starting to act like a real
programmer.

As for your 'secret', since you posted it to the list, I guess it will
just be between you and the thousand or so other folks reading it. ;)

:: Just a couple more questions to claarify things.
:: 1.    Am I correct in uderstanding, that your reference to the PATH
:: variables below  are to be included in my Home directory in the
:: "bash_profile file  ?(Iam using the bash shell)
:: For Example:
:: PATH=$PATH:/HOME/bin:.:/home/charly/Python
:: PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:.:/home/charly/Mydir:/usr/lib/python

Yes

:: 2.  Would both of the above PATH variables should be put in the
:: /etc/profile  as well?

No