[Tutor] portability

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:11:04 -0700

At 6:33 AM -0500 4/23/01, rob@jam.rr.com wrote:
>I don't know of a single website I'd recommend for cross-platform Python
>scripting, because just about every Python script I've tried running on
>both platforms did what it was supposed to.

Agreed. I used to work for searchbutton.com as a python coder and, while I
worked on Linux, some stuff was also deployed on Windows NT and seemed to
work fine. The differences seemed to be mostly in stuff like thread support.

My experiment for the day, btw, is trying to set up Jython on MacOS X and
seeing if I can use it with Interface Builder and Project Builder.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams