[Tutor] One more time: weird python windows batch file error

folklore hopeful pythoperson@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:56:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all, I posted about this before but perhaps I did not word
it correctly.  I have written a nifty python program and have
burned it, along with py20, onto a CD-ROM so that it can be
easily used on Win95 computers without installing Python.  To make
it easier for my non-dos savvy audience, I am trying to use
a batch file to start the python program.  That way I can say
to everyone "click on My Computer.  Click on the D drive.  Click
on the file call FOO.BAT" and we're away.  My FOO.BAT contains this:

@echo off
pythonw FOO.PY

It works just fine, but pops up an error message every time
my users exit the program.  It's the basic windows error message
which says, in a nutshel "Pythonw.exe has done something illegal,
tell it stop."

Any suggestions what the problem might be?  I know there are
solutions other than a batch file, but I am now curious about
this particular problem, regardless of whether there's a better
way.  What is causing the problem?  Is it python?  My batch file?
Or windows?

I appreciate any advice.  Thanks to everyone for their help so far.