[Tutor] sockets broken on New Install???

Bruce Sass bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:00:19 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

Have a look in <source tree>/Modules/Setup, search for "_socket" (and
"EXPAT_DIR" to get the expat, minidom and sax stuff working)... you
probably just need to edit a little and re-make.

"locate" and "grep" are a couple of standard commands that will help
with finding where the headers and libs for stuff lives ("find" is a
good one to know about also).

e.g,:
~$ locate openssl | grep include | less
/usr/include/kde/kopenssl.h
/usr/include/openssl
/usr/include/openssl/asn1.h

gives me a clue on how to edit the socket section in Setup.

[probably no need to bother the sysadmin]

- Bruce