[Tutor] Yahtzee-like Program

Timothy M. Brauch tbrauch@mindless.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:48:40 -0400

I've written a small program that is a lot like Yahtzee, without the
pretty graphics.  It's more of a command line style game.  It works and
obeys all the standard rules.

However, I know that my 250+ line code is horribly ugly.  But, it is the
only way I know how to write it.  I would like it if someone would look
at it and give me some pointers to help clean my code, but I am hesitant
to post all of it on the Tutor list.

If you want to look at it, it is available at
<http://hemlock.centre.edu/~tmbrau00/Yahtzee.txt>

Or, if someone wants, I can post the whole code to the Tutor.

I also realize how boring it would be to look over someone's code and
try to critque it, but I would really like to learn to write cleaner
code, and that is the only way I can learn, right?

 - Tim

P.S. Once my code has been looked at, I think Useless might get a
posting.