A good Tk widgets tutorial (was: Re: [Tutor] Why I'm learning Python (OT and long))

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:33:28 -0700

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:09:26 -0400, "David L. Lerner"
<dell2100@prodigy.net>  wrote about [Tutor] Why I'm learning Python (OT
and long):

:Hey, I sent a program in to Useless, and I haven't even _started_ on Tk
:widgets.
:
:Can anyone recommend a good Tk widgets tutorial?.

I've looked at (I think) all the Tk tutorials on the web
(both of them ;))

and I had Core Python Programming and the Quick Python book (both of
which have only a small "intro" chapter on Tkinter). But, when I finally
got my copy of Programming Python, ...WOW!. Four whole chapters devoted
to Tkinter, and then it weaves its way into much of the rest of the
book, as well. And I have to say, the nicest, clearest explanations that
*I've* seen on Tkinter. (Granted, I don't have the Grayson book that
always seems to get mentioned when someone asks about Tkinter...probably
because it is the only book exclusively on the topic of Tkinter. I can't
compare that to Programming Python.)

Anyhow, that's what helped me finally figure out how to do Tkinter. I
have a small app that I'm working on, that has been set aside for a
while. But I've even been teaching my son how to do some stuff with
Tkinter.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/