[Tutor] collecting keyboard input

Mathew P. highdesertman@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

I understand that this is the place to be a total newbie in confidence
:-)

Well, here goes.

I am writing a python program on linux and most input is parsed from
the command line at run time.

However, there are a few places in the program where I need to ask the
user a question or two mid run.

I would like to know what facilities python has for collecting keyboard
input and error checking it on the fly (limiting the string length, not
allowing numeric imput in string input fields vice/versa and so on.) I
was kinda thinking of basic's input and instring functions, but I am
quite sure that python has facilities that are *worlds* above anything
basic has to offer, since it rocks in every other area!

thanks for the help,

Mathew

=====
In the United States, Gun ownership is *not* a privilege, it is a constitutional right that is under attack continuously.

"If gun ownership is outlawed, only outlaws will have Guns"