[Tutor] yet another book review request

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:03:04 -0400

On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 10:22  PM, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> I own one of the first prints of Programming Python (came out around
> the time
> of 1.5).  It has long been my favorite book for learning Python.  I
> love how
> the book progresses from small ideas to larger programs and it reuses
> the
> same examples again and again.  I doubt the 2nd edition has changed so
> much
> as to invalidate this.

Thanks, Sean.  I was worried that it might teach some things that are
no longer used in the newer version of Python but it seems like a
"must-read" nonetheless.  Interesting that it is not really like
"Programming Perl", which is pretty well-known but doesn't take a
"tutorial" approach at all (it's more of a reference).

Erik

--
Erik Price

email: erikprice@mac.com