[Tutor] Re: Using Vi in the interpreter

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Tue Dec 10 00:14:01 2002

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:10:20PM -0800, Michael Barrett wrote:
| Howdy, so I just rebuilt my linux (now FreeBSD) system

linux !=3D *BSD.  They are different kernels, and often different
userland applications.  Both are "UNIX-like", though.

| and completely forgot how to make it so that when I'm in the python
| interpreter it uses vi commands to edit.  Anyone know off the top of
| their heads how to do this?  I'm going nuts without it.  Thanks in
| advance. :)

$ echo 'set editing-mode vi' >> ~/.inputrc

(this assumes you linked your python with libreadline)

-D

--=20
The Consultant's Curse:
    When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him
what he asks for, instead of what he needs.  This is very strong
medicine, and is normally only required once.
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--