[Tutor] Re: permissions trouble -solved.

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Mon Dec 16 00:05:09 2002

ok, I got it.

The file referred to is in the lists dir.
/www/www.tinylist.org/cgi-bin/lists/aliases.tinylist
lists dir is chmod 755, owner nobody, and the files in there are chmod 644,
owner nobody.

in /etc/mail we create a SOFT link.
ln -s /www/www.tinylist.org/cgi-bin/lists/aliases.tinylist aliases.tinylist
We have sendmail.cf point at ./etc/mail/aliass.tinylist':

ln -s /www/www.tinylist.org/cgi-bin/lists/aliases.tinylist aliases.tinylist

I was root when I created the link. This makes the sendmail and operating
system happy. It reads the file just fine, but creates the db right here in
/etc/mail, where it can write as much as it pleases.

I licked it. Thank you one and all for all the good advice.

--

end

Respectfully,
              Kirk D Bailey