[Tutor] "Python Web Programming" by Steve Holden

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:55:10 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Pijus Virketis wrote:

> Has anyone bought or looked at this book yet? Amazon just sent me one
> of those annoying direct sales emails of theirs, but this one actually
> appears to be relevant for a change. :) Perhaps you have read
> something else from the author? The book seems to cover
> CGI/sockets/database API.

I haven't read this book yet, sorry.

> If it's not all that, what other books in this genre would you rather
> recommend?

I'd recommend Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing:

    http://www.arsdigita.com/books/panda/

It's not too particular to any technology, so it might not be immediately
useful.  On the other hand, after reading a few pages, I felt... inspired
to do something creative and useful.  I think that's a sign of a good
book.  *grin* His book covers a lot of design issues, including reasons
why databases are critical for a serious web site.  The whole book is
online on that site, so you can read it at your leisure.

Hope this helps!