[Tutor] Storing source files

Paul Hartley p.hartley@spitech.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:09:45 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C19E8F.1170C680

I would be interested to hear how experienced programmers organise their =
source files and libraries in python. I don't know of one book that =
deals with this question - they all assume files are stored in some root =
directory.

A related issue is how would you organise your modules and classes - all =
in one library directory or would you use some directory structure.

Given you have developed a whole pile of classes or modules, how are =
these documented so you can find the one you need when you need it? No =
one likes documentation and it always gets out of date - I realise I am =
searching for the holy grail with this one!!

Paul

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C19E8F.1170C680

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would be interested to hear how =
experienced=20
programmers organise their source files and libraries in python. I don't =
know of=20
one book that deals with this question - they all assume files are =
stored in=20
some root directory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A related issue is how would you =
organise your=20
modules and classes - all in one library directory or would you use some =

directory structure.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Given you have developed a whole pile =
of classes or=20
modules, how are these documented so you can find the one you need when =
you need=20
it? No one likes documentation and it always gets out of date - I =
realise I am=20
searching for the holy grail with this one!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paul</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C19E8F.1170C680--