[Tutor] hello,

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:16:59 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, james p REARDON wrote:

>         I am a beginner at programming, actually i just down loaded
> python and i have no idea of what to do. I am willing to put countless
> hours into learning, so will someone help me

Hi James, welcome aboard!

You may find this page useful:

    http://python.org/doc/Newbies.html

This page collects tutorials that you might want to browse.  All of the
tutorials there are great, so just pick on and start playing.  *grin*

You may find:

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro

useful for learning how to use the text editor IDLE.  IDLE makes
experimenting with Python pretty pleasant, and it's automatically bundled
along with Python, so you don't have to do anything extra to install it.

Please feel free to ask questions here on Tutor!  Good luck to you.