[Tutor] need some help for program!!

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 14 23:38:02 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, sachin mehra wrote:

> I may have to use Some Probability algorithms(viterbi/ forward
> algorithm) to find the probability of the word & bigrams( the word
> before a particular word)and use these probabilities to put spaces
> between the text. Can somebody help me out..How can I start? Does anyone
> have any similar kind of code ? Let me know. Thanx,

Hi Sachin,

You may want to look at the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), which is a
Python module to help people learn how natural language parsing can work:

    http://nltk.sourceforge.net/

I've only started to look at it a bit, but it looks awesome; there are
Viterbi-style parsers included with the package:

    http://nltk.sourceforge.net/tutorial/pcfg/t1.html

So it may provide a lot of what you're looking for.

Good luck!