was: [Tutor] getting started

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Tue Nov 19 17:33:03 2002

At 20:18 2002-11-19 +0000, john gennard wrote:
>Surprisingly, I would!

:) Trevligt!

>I'm well into my seventies

It's an amazing mix of people here. Obviously not only
geographically and professionally, but also age-wise.
Few ladies though...

>You assume English is my mother tongue

I was "talking aloud" on the mailing list... Most people
won't get it right. That's for sure.

>- I wonder then why you
>assume I would have a Swedish keyboard 'just handy'. I have a GB one
>and you come across as 'Lyck=E5', now that I can't pronounce.

:)

You don't need any particular keyboard. Just a mail client
that manages to present Quoted Printable right. I see
a lot of stuff on my screen that I don't have keys for...
I'm surprised that it came as QP though. I have turned
that of (at least that was my intention--maybe Eudora is
playing tricks with me), and just send 8 bit (wildly assuming
that people will be using Latin 1 or some similar code page).
That way, some people might not see it correctly, but fewer
will see that QP garbage. It messes up the python code!

>I'm going to enjoy this list! The banter is refreshing and the
>answers to questions go straight to the point.

Except possibly when we wander completely off topic like this. ;)
I guess this where I should stop.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN