[Tutor] Tkinter + OSX

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, darksyyyde wrote:

> Im running OSX 10.1.3, and i have 'fink' installed. Under Python help,
> it show TKinter as one of the modules, but the module is not present
> apparently.

Hello!  This looks like a fink-specific packaging problem; I'm not sure if
anyone here can help with that.  There is a page here:

    http://people.ucsc.edu/~jacobkm/tkinter_osx_howto.html

that appears to apply to OS X; it looks like you may need to update Fink's
configuration to pull "unstable/main" into Fink's package tree.  The
instructions on the page are fairly unambiguous, but doesn't say what to
do if things go horribly wrong.

For that, you may want to ask on the pythonmac-sig mailing list; I'm sure
someone there can help you:

    http://www.python.org/sigs/pythonmac-sig/

>From reading the archives, it sounds like Tkinter is still somewhat
experimental:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2002-August/005955.html

so you definitely should get in touch with the pythonmac-sig for more
authoritative answers.

I hope that this helps!