[Tutor] python accounting package

Jaco Smuts (ZA) Jaco.Smuts@za.didata.com
Tue Apr 1 08:39:02 2003

Hello there

I'm playing with the idea of writing my own little accounting app to
automate my personal business accounting. (Very simple). Is anyone aware of
any Python accounting stuff that I could use (not to re-invent the wheel).

I've come across the double talk stuff from the win32 programming book and a
python erp project (but the accounting bit boils down to a proposal doc
written some time ago).

I also plan on using MySQL. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

regards
jaco

ps. please excuse the disclaimer, I have no control over it......

This message contains information intended solely for the addressee,
which is confidential or private in nature and subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this message or any file attached to this
message. Any such unauthorised use is prohibited and may be unlawful. If
immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the
original message from your machine.

Furthermore, the information contained in this message, and any
attachments thereto, is for information purposes only and may contain the
personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the
views and opinions of Dimension Data (South Africa) (Proprietary) Limited
or its subsidiaries and associated companies ("Dimension Data"). Dimension
Data therefore does not accept liability for any claims, loss or damages
of whatsoever nature, arising as a result of the reliance on such
information by anyone.

Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrity of information transmitted electronically and to preserve the
confidentiality thereof, Dimension Data accepts no liability or
responsibility whatsoever if information or data is, for whatsoever
reason, incorrect, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.